Estate Planning Should Always Be A Personal Experience
When a decision you make today could affect you and your family far into the future, the pressure can be immense. You likely want to feel confident that you are making the best decisions possible.
Our estate planning and probate attorneys at Delaney & Fritz, P.C., can give you this confidence. We will review your assets and personal goals then provide clear information about your options. You can expect us to respect you and fully convey your choices. From our office in Indiana County, we serve families throughout western Pennsylvania.
In addition to estate planning, we guide personal representatives and family members through the Pennsylvania probate process. We also handle probate disputes.
Regardless Of Net Worth, Your Wishes Matter
The idea that estate planning is only for the wealthiest individuals is a common misconception. In reality, an estate plan can benefit families of all income levels.
Through estate planning, you can accomplish multiple goals such as:
- Naming guardians for your minor children
- Stating your preferences for end-of-life medical care
- Determining how to preserve property and distribute an inheritance
- Defining how your beneficiaries can use assets within a trust
- Making charitable donations
- Reducing estate taxes through lifetime gifting and other methods
Effective estate planning can be particularly useful for individuals who have unique circumstances. We can help you navigate a variety of challenges, including preparations following a serious medical diagnosis or a family change like divorce.
Design A Practical Plan For Your Needs
Assuming that your spouse or loved ones will know what to do – or have the power to act – in a critical situation is risky. For example, your spouse might not automatically have the legal authority to make certain decisions for you.
For most people in Pennsylvania, it is advisable to create a basic plan featuring:
- A will
- Powers of attorney, which can ensure your care if you are one day incapable of managing your medical or financial needs
- A living will, which specifically allows you to express your preferences regarding feeding tubes or other artificial life support
These three elements can provide essential protection for your finances, family and medical care. If you have complex needs, however, Delaney & Fritz, P.C., can also create additional estate planning tools. Collaborate with our lawyers for trusts and other detailed planning methods according to your unique needs.
Begin Making Arrangements Today
Together, we can create a foundation that will shape the future. Over your lifetime, you can also revise and update your estate plan as your life and wishes change. To get started, call 724-349-2255 or contact our law office by sending an email.